The Unity College Student Conference is an opportunity to celebrate excellence in academic work created by Unity College students. At the end of each semester, students gather at the Unity College Center for Performing Arts to display their best work and compete for a variety of awards; works are judged by college faculty, staff, and community partners.
Fall 2016 Dates:
- Submissions opens: Monday, October 24 at midnight
- Entries deadline: Friday, November 18 at midnight
- Revisions deadline: Friday, December 2 at
- Nominations window: Monday, December 5 to Friday, December 9 at 12:00pm
- Set-up: Monday, December 12, 10:30-4 and Tuesday, December 13 (9-4)
- Conference: Wednesday, December 14
Link to submissions: Closed.
Fall 2016 Conference Schedule:
| Time || Event|
| 7:00-7:45|| Judge Preview Period|
| 7:45-10:00|| Exhibits Open|
| 7:45-9:45|| Oral/Video Presentations|
| 8:00-9:45|| Exhibit Judging|
| 9:45-10:10|| Category Judge Deliberation|
| 10:10-10:30|| Lead Judge Deliberation|
| 10:30-11:00|| Awards Ceremony|
| 7:15-10:30|| Light Refreshments|
NEW THIS YEAR:
- All submissions (Poster, Art, Multi-media) must be in place by 4:00pm on Tuesday, December 13.
- All PowerPoint and Video presentations must be loaded on the library laptop before 12:00pm on Tuesday, December 13.
- There is only enough time for 8 auditorium presentations. Space will be reserved on a first come/first serve basis at the time of conference registration.
- Judges can review all submissions from 7:00-7:45 on the day of the conference. Students need not be present as no interaction with judges is expected during this period.
- The conference organizers wish to encourage attendees to visit the auditorium, even if just to view one presentation.
- FACULTY - A NEW nominations procedure will be announced at a later date, but please browse entries. You may also nominate a presentation during the Judge Preview Period and not after 7:45am.
- JUDGES - please make use of the review period in the morning to review all nominations in your category. Please adhere to the deliberation time periods.
- The student center parking lot will be the designated campus pick-up and drop off areas.
- Van Schedule: Every half hour, beginning at 7:15 a.m. and ending at 11:00 a.m.
We look forward to seeing you!
Unity College Student Conference Coordinating Committee: Dr. Kevin M. Spigel, Director of Undergraduate Research and Dr. Pamela MacRae, Dean of Biodiversity Conservation
Special Thanks: Dr. Pieter deHart, Jen Whelan, Sandra Abbot-Stout, Sarah Johnson, and Ben Stafford