The Unity College Student Conference is an opportunity to celebrate excellence in academic work created by Unity College students. At the end of each semester, students gather at the Unity College Center for Performing Arts to display their best work and compete for a variety of awards; works are judged by college faculty, staff, and community partners.
Spring 2014 Dates:
- Submissions opens: Friday, March 14
- Entries deadline: Monday, April 14 at 4 p.m.
- Revisions deadline: Friday, April 18
at 4 p.m.
- Nominations window: Monday, April 14 through Friday, April 28 at 4 p.m.
- Set-up: Friday, May 2, 2-4 p.m. and Sunday, May 4, 1-5p.m.
- Conference: Monday, May 5
Spring 2014 Conference Schedule:
- 7:00 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.: Exhibitor check-in & technology set-up
- 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.: Coffee provided on the lower level (Banquet Room Level)
- 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: Exhibits open
- 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.: Multi-media, Poster Judging, and Art Judging
(during this time artists, and poster and multimedia presenters should staff their presentations)
- 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.: Oral Presentations and Video (15 minutes or less)
- 10:30 a.m. Lead judges eat and meet in auditorium for final awards decisions
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:00: Brunch on the lower level (Banquet Room level)
- 11:00 a.m to 12:00 PM Recognitions and Awards Ceremony (Auditorium)
- The student center parking lot will be the designated campus pick-up and drop off areas.
- Van Schedule: Every half hour, beginning at 7:15 a.m. and ending at 12:30 p.m.
We look forward to seeing you!
Unity College Student Conference Coordinating Committee: Sandy Olson, chair; Ben Potter, art; Diane Murphy, auditorium; Amy Arnett, posters; Sandy Olson, multimedia; Sandra Abbott-Stout, and Stacey Hachey, VPAA's office. Advisors: Dave Potter, Josh Roberts, Kate Gilbert, John Zavodny.