Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science
, University of Trento
Katsiaryna Lobunets received her master’s degree in Mathematics
from the Belarusian State University in Minsk, Belarus, in 2010.
Katsiaryna Labunets received her Ph.D. degree in Information and Communication Technologies from the University of Trento, Italy, in 2016.
She is now a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Trento in Security Research Group under the supervision of Prof. Fabio Massacci.
Her research interests include Empirical Methods, Security Risk Assessment, Cyber Insurance, Knowledge Reuse in Security, Models Comprehensibility.
: Università degli Studi di Trento (
Povo 2, Open Space 8)
Via Sommarive 9, I-38123, Povo
Conferences & Workshops:
- K. Labunets, F. Massacci, F. Paci, S. Marczak, F. Moreira de Oliveira. Model Comprehension for Security Risk Assessment: An Empirical Comparison of Tabular vs. Graphical Representations. Empirical Software Engineering, 2017. Available at SSRN https://ssrn.com/abstract=2906745
- K. Labunets, F. Massacci, F. Paci. On the Equivalence Between Graphical and Tabular Representations for Security Risk Assessment. In Proc. of REFSQ 2017. Authors' Draft PDF.
- O. Gadyatskaya, K. Labunets and F. Paci. Towards Empirical Evaluation of Automated Risk Assessment Methods. In Proc. of CRiSIS 2016.
- K. Labunets, Y. Li, F. Massacci, F. Paci, M. Ragosta, B. Solhaug, K. Stølen, and A. Tedeschi. Preliminary Experiments on the Relative Comprehensibility of Tabular and Graphical Risk Models. In Proc. of SIDs 2015. PDF
- K. Labunets, F. Paci, and F. Massacci. Which Security Catalogue Is Better for Novices? In Proc. of EmpiRE Workshop at IEEE RE 2015. PDF (preprint)
M. de Gramatica, K. Labunets
, F. Massacci, F. Paci, and
A. Tedeschi. The Role of Catalogues of Threats and Security Controls in Security Risk Assessment: An Empirical Study with ATM Professionals. In Proc. of REFSQ 2015. PDF
- K. Labunets, F. Massacci, F. Paci, M. Ragosta, B. Solhaug, K. Stølen, and A. Tedeschi. A First Empirical Evaluation Framework for Security Risk Assessment Methods in the ATM Domain, In Proc. of SIDs 2014. PDF
- K. Labunets, F. Paci, F. Massacci, and R. Ruprai. An Experiment on Comparing Textual vs. Visual Industrial Methods for Security Risk Assessment. In Proc. of EmpiRE Workshop at IEEE RE 2014 PDF
- K. Labunets, Fabio Massacci, Federica Paci, and Le Minh Sang Tran. An experimental comparison of two risk-based security methods. In Proc. of the ESEM 2013. PDF
- K. Labunets. Empirical Validation of Security Methods. In Proc. of
the ESSoS-DS 2013. Available online.
- R. Scandariato, F. Paci, L.M.S. Tran, K. Labunets,
K. Yskout, F. Massacci, and W. Joosen. "Empirical Assessment of
Security Requirements and Architecture: Lessons Learned". In: Advances
in Engineering Secure Future Internet Services and Systems, volume 8431
LNCS, Springer, 2014. Available online.
Dec 2015 - now JESE
- Joint seminar series "Empirical Software Engineering"
Sep 2013 - Mar 2016 EMFASE
- Empirical Framework for Security Design and Economic Trade-Off
Oct 2012 - Mar 2014 NESSOS - Network of Excellence on Engineering Secure Future Internet Software Services and Systems
Nov 2011 - Apr 2016 PhD in Information and Communication Technology
, University of Trento, Italy
Sep 2009 - Jun 2010 MSc in Mathematics
, Belarussian State University, Minsk, Belarus. Master thesis: "Fuzzy Graphs and Fuzzy Hypergraphs"
Sep 2004 - Jun 2009 Diploma of Science in Mathematics
, Belarussian State University, Minsk, Belarus. Diploma thesis: "Fuzzy Line Graphs of Fuzzy Hypergraphs"
Jun 2016 - now Postoctoral Research Fellow at
the University of Trento (Italy).
Sep 2013 - Dec 2015 Teaching Assistant
at University of Trento (Italy).
course "Security Engineering" (Fall semester). The goal of the course
is to learn how to conduct security risk assessment and requirements
engineering and apply it to a real life problem. The course includes
various topics from design and engineering (security requirements, risk
assessment and compliance) to technological aspects (access control,
encryption and intrusion detection). These topics covers database
security, application security, network security, and mobile security.
Nov 2009 - Oct 2011 Business Systems Analyst
at Itransition (Minsk, Belarus).
Jul 2008 - Nov 2009 Junior Business Systems Analyst
at Itransition (Minsk, Belarus).
The most updated work experience can be found on my LinkedIn
Road trip, cats, hiking