UNC Asheville is now live with Google Apps!
As of July 2, 2009 all UNC Asheville Faculty, Staff and Students have been migrated to Google Apps!
Google Apps is a package of online applications that makes communicating and collaborating at school easier and more efficient. The cornerstone of Google Apps is Gmail, Google’s web-based email program, which integrates with Google Docs, for creating and sharing documents, and Google Calendar, for coordinating schedules. All of these services are hosted online, so email, documents, and calendars are always accessible from any computer.
Assistance with any of the Google Apps services can be found at the Google Apps Help Center.
What will I get?
- Gigabytes of email storage. No more worries about having to delete mail.
- Instant messaging from right within your mailbox.
- Google Calendar to schedule meetings, create events, and share calendars with others.
- Google Docs to create and share documents, spreadsheets and presentations online.
- Your own personalized Start Page, where you can access all these services.
- Access to your information from anywhere with an internet connection. You can also access your email with a mobile device.
If you have questions that you don't find answers to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For training information on Google Apps click here : http://hr.unca.edu/training-and-professional-development