You are required to have a laptop computer for your Law School studies.
This may be a Windows or Mac device, though these may perform differently in various circumstances. We offer the following recommendations and suggestions to get the most technology bang for your buck.
OS: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks), Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra)
Version: Any genuine version of the above listed operating systems. NOTE: Only US - English, French, Portugese, Swedish, and British versions of Windows are supported by ExamSoft.
RAM: ≥ 4 GB
HDD or SSD: ≥ 100GB
Wifi: 2x2 or 3x3 Wireless 802.11n
Hardware: You are required to have a laptop computer. The definition of "laptop" does not extend to slate-style tablets, phones, or devices running the Windows Mobile, iOS, or Android operating systems. While you are welcome and encouraged to use any of these devices, they will not give you printing and test-taking capabilities.
- Operating systems older than MacOS 10.7 cannot print to the Law School's student printers.
- Operating systems older than MacOS 10.7 cannot use the SofTest software to take final exams.
- Mac OS 10.8 will NO longer be supported for SofTest as of January 1st, 2017.
- Mac OS 10.12, Sierra, is now supported by ExamSoft.
- Virtual operating systems are NOT supported by ExamSoft.
- Laptops running Linux are NOT supported by ExamSoft.
- Slate-style tablets (where the screen completely disconnects from the keyboard) or any computer running Windows 8 RT cannot use the SofTest software to take final exams.
- It is not possible to print to the Law School's student printers from iOS or Android devices.
- "Home" versions of Microsoft Windows do not have the same networking capability as "Enterprise" versions, and may cause you trouble when connecting to printers or file shares.
- Any operating system other than the ones listed above should be assumed to be unsupported by ExamSoft until you are otherwise notified by email@example.com. Apple oftentimes releases its newest OS as we approach Fall finals. Please wait to update your system until notified by firstname.lastname@example.org that it is alright to do so. We require some time once a new operating system is released to complete testing on our end to ensure everything functions properly.
ExamSoft's Minimum System Requirements
*** IMPORTANT NOTICE: MacBook Pro models with the Touch Bar feature are banned from use for midterms and finals. ***