What is Happening to your UMHS services:Your UMHS Outlook email accounts will close in June 2014. Once your account closes you will no longer be able to receive email at your "@med.umich.edu." Additionally, it is not possible to forward this email address to another account. To prepare for the loss of these accounts, we recommend following this short process to move your email to a personal account. All Level-2 services will go away, unless you are staying for residency or research.
What is Happening to your Central Campus services?
When you graduate you become an alumni and you keep your uniqname and some university computing services. Details can be found here: http://www.itcs.umich.edu/accounts/endaccount/
What To Do:Get the emails you want to keep out of UMHS Outlook:
- Forward messages individually from Outlook to the personal email account. Be aware that any sensitive data, such as Patient Health Information, should not be forwarded.
- or -
Configure an email client (Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail, etc.) to access both your UMHS Outlook email and a personal email account (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.). Drag the emails over from the Outlook account to the personal account. Information about configuring email clients can be found here: http://www.med.umich.edu/medstudents/computing/outlook/index.html
- Change your MCommunity entry to include ONLY your personal email account. Email to your email@example.com address will now go only to your personal email account. Changes are immediate and can be done at any time. Details can be found here: http://www.itcs.umich.edu/itcsdocs/s4384/
- Send “change of address” notifications to anyone they wanted to keep in touch with using either your @umich.edu address or your personal email address.
- Medical School Information Systems (MSIS): 734-763-7770 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- or stop by the 8th floor of the NHB2 (Old Mott) building and visit the “LRC in Exile” M-F 8-5