Student Success and Resources

Individual Development Plan
All graduate students should have an Individual Development Plan. We recommend
Science Careers myIDP. Start yours today, and plan to update it at least twice per year with your permanent thesis mentor.

Campus Resources
U-M has many centers dedicated to your academic success, including media tools, writing support, statistical consultation, and more.

Counselling Services: Rackham now has a dedicated Counseling and Psychological Psychologist assigned to work with graduate students. Services offered include individual counseling in the Rackham Building, consultation services, and outreach presentations/ workshops. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please email Dr. Laura Monschau (  You may also access service at CAPS in the Michigan Union.

Recommended Reading