"The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it. What it makes of you will always be the far greater value than what you get." ~Jim Rohn
- Find my first post grad job
- I am ready to start working towards my dreams. I've taken the first step by attending the University of Michigan, but now it is time to put my real world skills to the test. I want to find a job in theater or television so that I can continue learning valuable skills about all aspects of production. There is still so much knowledge for me to gain about working with actors, video editing, audio, camera work and so much more. Call me a sponge, ready and willing to absorb any and all knowledge.
- Work on a crew for a television show
- I realize that breaking into the industry in any position is no easy task. However, I believe that by gaining the technical skills necessary for such positions, and networking with the right people, I will one day be able to make my own mark.
- Learn American Sign Language
- I recently have become very interested in learning American Sign Language. I have read much about the Deaf and Deaf culture, and am fascinated by the rich history behind it. My hope is that in the future, I will have the opportunity to work with members of the Deaf community.
- Write enough songs to have my own album
- I guess the song quotes and music references on the pages of this eportfolio give a pretty good hint that I am extremely passionate about music. As I mentioned in one of my Key Experiences, I play guitar, and write my own music. It is something I will continue to do for the rest of my life, so in that time, I hope to be able to have an album someday.
- Build my own house
- I love building things! I was always that kid who would take apart my toys just to see how they worked, or what they were made of. It has been a goal of mine for some time now that when I have the means to do so, that I would build my own house and raise a family in that house.