Requests for Travel
· Requests for travel will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
· Scholars requesting travel to visit graduate schools or to attend conferences will be held responsible for gathering ALL logistical information germane to their itinerary (e.g., flight, hotel accommodations, etc.).
· ALL requests must be submitted to the McNair Scholars Assistant Director at least two weeks prior to the requested travel date via the Travel Request Form (see copy in McNair binder); final decisions regarding all travel requests will be made by the Director, but absolutely not travel requests should be submitted to the Director.
· In the case of travel involving a registration fee and/or deadline for the receipt of payment, requests must be received by the Assistant Director no less than two weeks prior to the payment deadline (the McNair Scholars Program will not be responsible for the payment of late registration fees)
· Upon approval or denial of travel requests, the Scholar will be notified via phone and/or email.
· Whenever a Scholar is sponsored by the McNair Program to travel, participate in a research conference, meeting, graduate school visit, or other scholarly activity that is partially or fully paid for by the McNair Program, verification must be provided to the Research Coordinator/Statistician. This includes any acceptance letters or emails, receipts, or other printed materials verifying the Scholar’s participation.
Please use this form to request travel to conferences, graduate school visits, and other academic travel. Return the form to Dr. Householder in 213 MP. (provide link)
Program Information >