In this Unit of Study we will learn the properties of 3-Dimensional Solids and how to describe how objects move using a grid.
By the end of this unit your child can:
- compare prisms and pyramids using their geometric properties ( number of faces, vertices and edges).
- describe the location of an object using a grid.
- describe how to move from one location to another on a grid.
- translate ( slide) shapes.
- rotate ( turn) shapes ( clockwise, counter clockwise, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 1 whole turn)
- reflect ( flip) shapes over a mirror line.
- communicate what I know about geometry.