WIRELESS AUTHENTICATION ON WINDOWS XP.
1. Click start button on lower left corner of your computer. Right click My Network Places and choose Properties.
2. Right click Wireless Network Connection and choose Properties to view Wireless Network Connection Properties as shown below in Fig. a
3. In the General tab, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click on Properties button
4) In the General tab, choose Obtain an IP address automatically; also choose Obtain DNS Server address automatically as shown in Fig. b. Click Ok to save settings.
5) Click on the Wireless Networks tab. Check Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings. Under Preferred Networks click on Add buttons as shown in Fig. c
6) In Association tab, type STUDENTS for student wireless or STAFF for staff wireless in Network name (SSID): field.
7) Under Wireless network key choose WPA2; for Network Authentication: and AES for Data encryption as shown in Fig. d
8) Click on Authentication tab. Choose Protected EAP (PEAP) for EAP type: as shown in Fig. e and click Properties
9) Leave Validate server certificate unchecked. Choose Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) for Select Authentication Method:. Also, check Enable Fast Reconnect as shown in Fig. f and click on Configure.
10) Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) and click Ok to save and exit.
11) Notice that STUDENT/STAFF has been added to your Preferred networks.
12) Select STUDENT/STAFF
wireless network and click Connect
14) Enter your registered student number as User name
and PIN as Password and click Ok to
login for STUDENT or staff ID and PIN to login to STAFF
Click OK to all the open windows - you have now completed the configuration of your client and should be ready to connect now.