This is the personal website for Dr. Tim DeSchriver, Ed.D. I am an Associate Professor of Sport Management in the Department of Business Administration within the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics at the University of Delaware. I have been at UD since 2004, Prior to UD, I spent 6 years at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst and 3 years at Western Carolina University.
- Instruction of courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the areas of Sport Finance and Sport Marketing. Active in the development of teaching/learning/assessment Electronic Portfolios.
- Research interests include the construction of economic models for professional sports and intercollegiate athletics in the areas of ticket demand, luxury suite pricing, and facility naming rights. My work has been published in academic journals such as the Journal of Sport Management, Sport Management Review, Eastern Economic Journal, Sport Marketing Quarterly, and the International Journal of Sport Management. I am also the co-author of Sport Finance, 1st and 2nd editions with Gil Fried and Steve Shapiro. This text is one of the most widely-used books for the instruction of Sport Finance.
- Made over 40 professional presentations globally including being a keynote speaker at the 1st Annual Thailand International Conference for Sport and Exercise Science in 2010; and the upcoming 2011 Turkish Conference on Sport Management and Economics in Izmir, Turkey.
- Consulted with sport organizations such as the NCAA, PGA, Anschutz Entertainment Group, New York Red Bulls, Ripken Baseball, and the National Steeplechase Association. I also currently serve on the editorial boards of the Journal of Sport Management, International Journal of Sport Finance, and Sport Marketing Quarterly.
- B.A. degree in Economics, Villanova University. M.A. degree in Economics, Penn State University. Ed.D. in Sport Management from the University of Northern Colorado.