The year's institute format
will tweak what we've been doing recently.
The keynote speaker is Susan Smith Nash.
- The 4 full-day program will take the shape of a course.
be "students" for the week.
- The sessions will be co-facilitated by IT staff and
- The content of the sessions will be how to choose
among, and implement, the available instructional technology.
- Participants will "take" every aspect of a course the way a
- In the process, participants will acquire the technical and
pedagogical skills to teach using these things themselves.
- Participants will work through all of the aspects of a course: from
designing a syllabus, to putting resources online, to assessment, etc.
of her books:
Excellence in College Teaching and Learning: Classroom
and Online Instructionhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0398077517
and the E-Learning Organizationhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0971206163Our Summer Faculty Institute web site