Friends members at Milford Applebee's fundraiser
The Friends of Killens Pond State Park was founded in 1998 by local residents in conjunction with park staff.
We are a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization interested in applying for grants and hoping to expand our corporate donor base.
As an all-volunteer organization, all funds collected are used to help maintain, improve or enhance the park.
We meet at 7:00 p.m. on the second Tuesday of every month (except December) at the Nature Center on the grounds of Killens Pond State Park.
We welcome anyone with an interest in our Friends group and/or the park to join us.
Share your ideas and concerns with us and with park staff.
Our main activities are:
1. Volunteering in the park, including helping at the Nature Center and with regular trail maintenance projects
2. Organizing and running an annual Yard/Plant/Bake Sale in conjunction with the Delaware Solid Waste Authority's annual
Earth Day Celebration.
3. Selling refreshments at and helping to sponsor the Summer Concert Series
4. Helping to put on the annual 5k Run/Walk in conjunction with the annual Lake Forest Invitational Cross Country Festival
5. Helping to put on the annual Fall Festival at the park with a Make-Your-Own-Scarecrow activity
6. Conducting an annual "Poker Run" that is organized and coordinated by the Phoenix Motorcycle Club