This summer, read every day! Reading four or more books this summer helps prevent the “summer slide” in reading.
Antioch Elementary does not require summer reading assignments or tests, but we want our Gators to keep reading over the summer holidays!
PARENTS: Look below for recommended book lists of top titles your kids will love!
ALSC Summer Reading Lists for gr. K-2
Tip! Continue to share picture books of all kinds with your child. No matter your child's reading level, picture books allow all readers to explore text and images in a uniquely engaging way. Plus, picture books are the perfect book to share together on a lazy summer day!
Elementary Battle of the Books (EBoB)- EBoB is a club for 4th and 5th grade students who love to read, but ANYONE can read and enjoy the great choices on the list this summer!
ALSC Summer Reading Lists for gr. 3-5
Tip! Summer is a great time for middle grades readers to explore new genres, series, and authors without being overly concerned with their "level". Rereading is ok, too! This allows readers to engage with a favorite title and simply enjoy it. Old favorites are comfort reading!
Great Summer Reading Lists for Middle School:
ALSC Summer Reading Lists for gr. 6-8
Tip! As kids enter middle school, screen time, friends, clubs, and activities can easily squeeze out reading time. Make time in your tween's day for reading anything they are interested in!
MORE Summer Reading Links and Resources:
- Union County Public Library Summer Reading Programs for kids and teens start in June!
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Public Library: The Library's annual Summer Reading Program runs June - August.
- Use Scholastic's Book Wizard to find a book at your child’s reading level.
- A Book and a Hug matches kids with a book that's perfect for their interests and personality!
- Barnes & Noble’s Summer Reading Program requires kids to read, and then write a short recommendation on each to earn a FREE BOOK!!
- UCPS EmpowerED Digital Resources for Summer Learning (available June 1)