Finding Your Machine Name and IP on a UCM machine:
- Go to the systems tray in the bottom right corner of your screen (near the clock).
- Look for the blue circle with a "b" in it.
- Click on it (it's called the IBM Endpoint Manager Center).
- There will be three tabs within the window that opens.
- Click on the Dashboard tab.
- You'll see large letter that look something like this:
- That's your machine name.
- Further down the same screen, you'll see an IP address, that will look something like this:
IP Address: 153.91.000.00
Finding the IP address on any Windows 7 machine:
- Go to the Start menu.
- In the "search programs and files" box, type "command" and hit enter.
- That brings up the Command Promt (a black box with basic text in it.)
- After the "H:\>" or "C:\>" prompt, type the following:
- What appears next will be lots of text, and in that text you'll see a line that says
IPV4 Address...................... : 153.91.000.00
Finding an IP address on Any Machine Connected to the Internet:
If you're connected to the Internet, navigate to What Is My IP Address?
It will show you the IP address of the machine you are currently using.
Finding a Machine Name/IP on Most Machines:
Go to Start (or equivalent) -> Control Panel (or Settings) -> System (or About)