UN conference Rio+20 taking place in Rio de Janeiro from 20 to 22 June 2012
Rio + 20 Conference (UNCSD) preparatory meetings
Meetings directly related to the UN conference Rio+20 taking place in Rio de Janeiro from 20 to 22 June 2012:
- 19-23 March: negotiation of the outcome document
- 26-27 March: 3d intercessional meeting of UNCSD
- 23 April: High Level meeting of local and regional authorities with UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon in New-York
- 29 May- 2 June: Last week of talks on the negotiation text, New-York
- 13-15 June: Last preparatory meeting on the outcomes of the Conference (third preparatory committee meeting).
- 16-19 June: Civil society and local and regional authorities’ days. Three days of dialogues among stakeholders organised by the Brasilian State on ten selected themes. On 19th June, from 6.30 to 10.00 pm: dialogue on sustainable and innovative cities, in Rio Centro. More info:click here.
17-19 June: Cities and regional authorities' Summit organised by the city of Rio de Janeiro, in partnership with UCLG, UN-Habitat, C40 and the World Bank at the Forte de Copacabana, at the end of Copacabana beach.
- 18 June: The Urban Summit, co-organised by UCLG, UN-Habitat and the City of Rio de Janeiro at the Forte de Copacabana, in the framework of the Cities and regional authorities' Summit.
Regional preparatory meetings organised by the UN for Rio+20
- Latin America Regional Preparatory Meeting to be held for the Latin American and Caribbean Region in Santiago, Chile, from 7-9 September 2011.
- Asia-Pacific: Regional Preparatory Meeting to be held in the Asia Pacific Region at the ESCAP, Seoul, Republic of South Korea, from 19 - 20 October 2011.
- Africa: Regional Preparatory Meeting to be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, from 10 to 14 October 2011.
- Arab region: Regional Preparatory Meeting to be held in Cairo, Egypt, from 16-17 October 2011.
- Europe: Regional Preparatory Meeting to be held for the European (ECE) Region in Geneva, Switzerland, from 1-2 December 2011.
Local governments preparatory meetings
- Manaus municipality, the CNM Brasil and FLACMA are jointly organising the first Latin American and Caribbean forum on environment and sustainability on 15-17 September 2011 in Manaus
- A conference of the European regions on climate is organised by Region Rhône-Alpes in collaboration with NRG4SD, the climate group, CEMR and ICLEI Europe and will take place in October,21-22 2011 in Lyon, France
To get an overview of international, regional, national meetings taking place towards Rio+20 you can consult UNCSD Calendar