Scheduling Service Requests in Google Calendar
You can initiate requests for multimedia, catering, transportation, alcohol, and alternate room setups.
- Invite the services you need to scheduled Google Calendar events
- Receive an email confirmation with link to enter your request details in a Google form.
- Service provider is automatically notified of your request.
- Receive an email confirmation with a link to your completed request.
- For edits or changes, simply use the link to update your request.
- Requests can be canceled by deleting the service from your Google Calendar event, or cancelling the entire event.
- Service provider is automatically notified of your modifications or cancellations and an email confirmation for both modifications and cancellations will be sent.
CREATING MEETINGS+ SERVICE REQUESTS
You will automatically receive an email with a link to a form to provide details of your request. If you check “Send me a Copy of My Responses” you will get an email with a full copy of your responses and a direct link. NOTE: If you give the link to your form to someone with a Google account they will be able to edit/update the contents of your form. The form displays only the most recent version and does not record the edit history. The service provider can identify the last person to edit the form. To reserve the Corporate Technical Training Center (CTTC) add room CG2-3024-CTTC to your event.
- Create an event in Google Calendar (see Calendar Quick Start Guide).
- Check availability and invite the room where you plan to hold the event.
- Initiate requests for the services you need by adding them as guests to the event.
- You will automatically receive an email with a link the CTTC reservation form.
- Complete your service or CTTC reservation request by clicking on the link to the form in the email. Complete and submit the form per the instructions. You will receive an email confirming your completed request with a link to edit your request detail in the form.
To edit the details of your request - click on the link to your completed form, edit the entries and submit the form. The service provider will contact you to review any questions or concerns they have regarding your request.
To delete the service from the event and continue the event, remove the service from the guest list. You and the serviceprovider will receive an email confirming the cancellation of the service request.
If you delete the event from the calendar , the service request will be canceled automatically and you and the service provider will be notified of the event/service cancellation by email.
If you modify the date, time, or location for the event, the service request details in the form will automatically be updated to reflect the change. You will receive an email reflecting the update and a link to your updated form. No action is required on your part.
REQUESTING APPROVAL TO SERVE ALCOHOL
Add SERVICES ALCOHOL as a guest to the event. In a few minutes, you will receive an email automatically with a link to a Request to Serve Alcohol form.
Click the link and complete the form per the instructions. The system will automatically email your request to Event Services and to the Approver selected on the form for their approval. Once the Approver approves the request via the embedded link, Events Services and you will receive an email confirmation. If the Approver declines your request, you and the approver will receive an email confirmation.
If you modify the date, time, or location for the event, the Request to Serve Alcohol will automatically be updated to reflect the change and you will receive an email reflecting the update and a link to your updated form. The Approver will automatically receive an updated email requesting approval. You, the approver, and Events Services will receive email confirmations if re-approved, including links to updated forms.
If you cancel the event, the request to serve alcohol will automatically be canceled and you, Events Services and the requester will be notified of the cancellation via email.
If the request to serve alcohol is no longer required, but the event will continue as scheduled, simply delete SERVICES ALCOHOL from the guest list of the event. You and the requestor will receive an Email confirming that the request to serve alcohol is cancelled.
See the Room and Services Catalog for the standard Audio/Visual capabilities and additional multimedia services available in conference rooms supported through UCAR Multimedia Services (MMS). Consult your local staff for services and capabilities in lab/program-supported rooms. Add SERVICES MULTIMEDIA as a guest only if you need services and/or support over and above the standard equipment in the room. Visit the Multimedia home page for information on the team, equipment and services.
Requesting Approval to Serve Alcohol
Visit the Event Services web pages or the UCAR Policy 2-10 Consumption and Serving of Alcohol Policy for information on relevant policies and procedures.
Room Set Up
Visit the Room and Services Catalog and Traditional Configurations for Room Set Up page for information on room set up options. Invite SERVICES ROOM SETUP only when an alternate set up is needed.
Corporate Technical Training Center (CTTC)
Visit the CTTC web pages for information on the equipment, policies and service level agreement.
Visit the Event Services web pages for information on transportation options.