Home

         COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE, BIJAPUR

                    
       
                                                                                     Dean's Message
                    
                              

First Dryland Farming Research Station of India was established at Vijayapura in 1933 which has been popularly called Hittinahalli Farm. The campus has a history of great contribution to the region in the field of dry farming and Rabi Sorghum.

The NARP (National Agricultural Research Project) was implemented on this campus in 1980, later it was upgraded to RARS (Regional Agricultural Research Station) in 1990. The region is agriculturally predominant drought prone and generally backward. With the establishment of 2nd Agricultural University in the state at Dharwad, Agricultural College at Vijayapura, a long cherished dream of the people of this region which came true in 25th October 1990. The College was formally established at the RARS, Vijayapura with recommendation of Sri.Vardan Committee appointed by the Hon’ble Governor of Karnataka. The college building was housed in NARP and NAEP building.

            The new college building was established in 2008 with sufficient rooms and labs, Hostels, ground, garden, farm, library, auditorium, green house, seed testing lab, processing unit, godowns have been established. In this campus, there are college, RARS, KVK, Library.

             Since  the inception of the college,774 students from 14 batches have graduated from this college.