About this REU Site
This REU site, CyberSAFE@UALR, is focused on integration of fundamental security and forensics research with latest technology advances in mobile computing, cloud computing, and social networks. The Site aims to advance basic understanding of cyber attacks, explore novel and practical techniques and methods of collecting and analyzing digital
evidence for cyber forensics, and investigate more secure and user friendly approaches to protecting people in using their smartphones, visiting their social networks, and accessing their apps and data in computing clouds. The diverse but closely related research projects will provide opportunities for participants to gain hands-on experiences of cyber security and forensics practices and tackle significant and interesting problems in cyber defense.
Highlights of the Site
- Eight-week intensive research on cyber security and forensics
- $4,000 stipend in total for each participant
- On-campus housing and meals provided as needed
- Travel expenses to and from the REU site
Who is eligible?
Applicants have to meet the following criteria
- Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA (out of 4.0).
- Be a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or computing-related major at the time of REU participation.
We are especially committed to encouraging applicants who are underrepresented in computing (e.g., women, African Americans, Hispanics, Native American, Pacific Islanders, persons with disabilities, etc) or enrolled in a minority, women's, or non-doctoral institution.
- Be committed to work 40 hours per week on campus during the REU Site period.
Click here to start an application.
POC of the Site
Welcome to UALR!
Student Housing @UALR