* Two ALMA proposals approved in cycle 3 (one B + one C)
* Both Andrea and Sarthak will talk in the IAU XXIX General Assembly in Hawaii on Aug. 5, 2015
* Two approved Chandra proposals in cycle 17 (PI: Sun, 245 ks Chandra + 3 orbits of HST + 23 hr VLA)
* Ming selected as a NASA endorsed member of the Athena Study Science Team Working Groups (Athena is a next-generation X-ray telescope).
* 10 hours with one of the largest radio telescope arrays in the world , GMRT, 28_021 (PI: Sun)
* Andrea's 1st paper on a large sample of 320 clusters has been accepted! More work to come!* 2.8 hr priority A time with one of the biggest optical telescopes in the world !
ESO P95 time with VLT/MUSE (PI: Sun)
* Two proposals approved in XMM cycle 14 !
proposal I: 36 ks A time + 92 ks B time + 23 ks C time (PI: Sun)
proposal II: 69 ks B time (PI: Morandi)
* A successful LMT proposal on Perseus !
* Two successful IRAM-30m proposals (co-I: Sun) and one PdBI proposal (co-I: Sun)
* A priority C proposal approved in NRAO 2015A, 23 hours (PI: Sun)* One approved Chandra cycle 16 proposal for 182 ks (PI: Sun) + over 500 ks co-I time (co-I: Sun)
* Ming gave an invited review talk on galaxies in this conference.
Dr. Ming Sun
Department of Physics
University of Alabama in Huntsville
Huntsville, AL 35899
My CV (pdf)
Public media coverage of my research
My official Faculty page at UAH
Click here to email me