The Office of Information Technology is pleased to provide Google Apps at UAH. We invite you to activate your Google Account and begin to enjoy:
- Google Mail – gigabytes of storage, conversation views, easy searching and archiving of email. You will never need to delete an email again!
- Google Calendar - schedule your social and academic life, create and share calendars, invite others to events, and set up meeting times with your colleagues, classmates, and friends.
- Google Drive - great for working on group projects or sharing information. You can create a document or spreadsheet, share it, and collaborate in real-time.
- Access to Google Sites and Google Talk.
- Over 30GB of allocated space to store your data (email, docs, etc.)
Google Apps have a new look! Find out more by visiting the Learning Center.
It is easy to get started (for more complete instructions use the "Getting Started with Google Apps guide below):
- Once you have signed up for classes, your new Google Apps account will be automatically activated.
NOTE: Google Apps has additional spam filters, and as with any new service, email may be handled differently. It is highly recommended that initially you check your spam folder more frequently. It is always a good habit to periodically check the spam and junk mail folders for misdirected email.
- Log into UAH's Google Apps Start Page: http://google.uah.edu. A temporary password has been assigned in order for you to access your new email account. If you do not know the default password, please contact the OIT Help Desk. You should change the default to a secure password that you will remember as soon as possible.
- Use the links to direct you to the various Google Applications: Email (this is also where you will find your contacts), Calendar, Talk, Docs, Sites, and Groups.
We hope you enjoy your new Google Apps services!
New to Apps? Watch the following video for an overview of Google Apps.