Physical Education Department
The Mountain Pointe Physical Education Department strives to promote a positive and safe learning environment for all students. Attitude, Attendance, Attire, and Active participation are very important. Students are encouraged to make good choices during daily physical activity and class instruction. Students are also rewarded for learning content information. At the start of every nine week grading period, every student starts with zero points. Each day the student has the opportunity to earn 10 daily participation points. The student will also have the opportunity to earn points for written tests, skills tests, fitness assessments, and fitness assignments.
Statement: WE PROMOTE A SAFE, HEALTHY, AND PHYSICALLY
Education Department Goals:
The Physical Education Department will help
with our school wide goal of implementing common core standards. We also strive
to develop physically literate individuals who have the knowledge, skills and
confidence to enjoy a lifetime of healthful physical activity. Our department will develop a physically
literate individual by:
- Encouraging all students to have
positive participation on a daily basis.
- Teaching the motor skills
necessary to participate in a variety of activities.
- Developing an understanding of
the activity and benefits from involvement.
- Working students toward an
increased level of health-enhancing physical fitness.
- Promoting responsible personal and
social behavior that respects self and others in the physical activity
- Reading & Writing through the
Nationally Recognized “Fitness for Life” Curriculum
- State of the art “Fitness Center”
- Morning “Den” Activity Program
- Sports & Wellness Academy to
promote Common Core
- RIO Dual Credit: Health and Sports
- Health Education: Certified
C.P.R. Instruction for Students
- Sports Medicine, Weight training,
Yoga & Den Club