By ensuring the educational rights of our students, it is the Mountain Pointe High School English Department's mission to teach our students to be articulate, informed communicators; to create in our students the desire and confidence to become active, responsible citizens; to instill in our students an appreciation for diverse artistic expression; and to build in our students an understanding of and respect for our multicultural world.
We, the English Department of Mountain Pointe High School, value:
The learning potential of the individual
- Life-long learning
- Active Citizenship in our school and community
- The connection between the arts and life
- A respect for cultural diversity
- The uniqueness of the individual
- Award winning yearbook program. Mountain Pointe’s yearbook, Pride’s Mark, has been recognized for excellence and has been featured in the Josten's Gotcha Covered Look Book for the past decade. The Look Book features yearbook spreads and covers from across the country, and is a reference guide for yearbook advisers and staffs seeking creative design and coverage ideas, trends and inspiration. Yearbook has garnered many national awards over the years and also created the nation's first 3D yearbook.
- American Studies - This is a two hour block course that combines American History and Literature. Students study a historical era while reading and analyzing literature from the same era. American Studies meets the U.S. History and junior English requirements.