It is the belief of the faculty and administration that school pride, morale, and image are influenced by the general appearance of our students. Additionally, Corona del Sol High School expects student dress and grooming to reflect high standards of personal conduct so that each student’s attire promotes a positive, safe, and healthy atmosphere within our school.
Student and Parent Responsibility
Students and their parents/guardians have the responsibility to be aware of the school’s specific dress code and to conform to these requirements. If a student or parent has any questions about whether specific attire or accessories are in compliance with this Dress Code, they should contact an Assistant Principal prior to wearing such attire or accessory to ensure compliance.
On campus, the faculty, staff and administration have the responsibility to interpret and enforce this policy. The administration retains the final discretion to determine that the garment or accessory meets the dress code.
Guidelines: Pants, Skirts, Shorts, etc.
- Sagging is not allowed. The waistband of the pants, shorts or skirt must meet the bottom of the shirt or top at all times (i.e. standing, sitting, etc.). Pants should not drag excessively on the ground.
- Shorts and skirts must pass the “pointer finger” rule, which means that they may be not shorter than where the student’s pointer finger touches the leg when the arm is hanging straight down.
- Pants, shorts, or skirts must cover underwear at all times.
- Stretch pants must be worn with proper covering.
Guidelines: Shirts, Tops, Blouses, etc.
- Proper dress for boys will include shirts with sleeves (no tank tops).
- No midriff, back skin, or side skin showing. In other words, shirts and other tops must meet the pants/slacks/skirts with no exposure of abdomen, back or side.
- Not permitted: strapless tops, tube tops, racer backs, halter tops, or one-strap tops. No bustiers or tops with spaghetti straps. Straps must be at least two fingers in width and/or 1-3/4” wide covering all undergarments. No see-through shirts or necklines that expose any cleavage.
- Students may not layer inappropriate shirts to attempt to make an appropriate one. (Strapless top over men’s undershirt top, camisole over a racer back top, unbuttoned long sleeve shirt over men’s undershirt, etc.) Two wrongs don’t make a right!
Underwear may not show (boxers, briefs, thongs, bras, etc.), and underwear and sleepwear worn as outerwear (i.e. camisoles, men’s undershirts, or pajama pants) are not permitted.
- Attire or accessories which advertise, display, and/or promote drugs, alcohol, tobacco, gang activity, violence, sexual activity, disrespect, lewd, vulgar, or obscene language, and/or bigotry toward any group or person are forbidden.
- Body piercing that is a safety hazard and/or hinders classroom performance is not allowed.
- Shoes must be worn at all times according to Arizona State law. For safety, shoes must have an outdoor sole (i.e. no bedroom slippers).
- Sunglasses may not be worn in school buildings.
Any student violating this policy is subject to disciplinary action including, but not limited to, after-school detention, in-school suspension, parent conference and short-term or long-term suspension.
In addition, the student will remove the garment or accessory and replace it with an appropriate alternative provided by the school or parent.