Many outstanding dances are sponsored by clubs or student council organizations and held throughout the year. These dances may include: Sadie Hawkins, Homecoming, Winter Formal and the Prom. All dances are chaperoned by CdS faculty and administration and staffed by Tempe Police officers for the large dances. Sadie Hawkins and are casual attire dances and the Just because dance usually has a theme. All other dances are semi-formal or formal or have a dress requirement, so please check the dance posters and listen to the daily announcements for suggested attire.
Here are some reminders to help create a safe and healthy dance environment:
1. Students must show a current CdS school I.D. to enter school dances. If you lost your I.D. a new one may be purchased for $5.00. Students are not allowed to leave and re-enter a dance under any circumstances.
2. Guest passes are available for all dances except the Freshman Dance. Guest passes may be picked up from the Activities Office starting one month prior to the dance. Completed guest passes are returned to the Activities Office by the Thursday prior to the dance for approval. All guests must arrive with their CdS host student who is required to present the approved guest pass and proper I.D. at the door. There is a one guest limit per student. Guests must be under the age of 21 and middle school students may not attend high school dances. Suspended students may not attend Corona del Sol dances if the dance occurs during their suspension.
3. CdS Dances start at 8:00 p.m. and end promptly at 11:00 p.m., except for Prom which concludes at midnight. As always, prom is hosted and organized by the junior class. The prom is for upperclassmen only. Underclassmen are allowed to attend if invited by a junior or senior. Guests are also permitted (by invitation from a Corona del Sol junior or senior student) if they submit a guest pass to the Activities office prior to the event.
4. Lighting in the gym or venue will include the security lighting in addition to lighting provided by the DJ. Appropriate behavior is the expectation for all students and their guests who attend the CdS dances. Inappropriate behavior that may embarrass students and their families is not tolerated. Suggestive dancing, grinding, freak dancing, moshing or slamming will be not tolerated.
5. Be aware that all vehicles can be subject to search for any illegal contraband. Purses, bags, and clothing may be searched for items inappropriate at a dance. Items such as drink containers, water bottles, or any item that may contain an illegal substance will not be allowed inside the venue. Students who arrive under the influence will be referred to the police officer on duty, parents will be notified, and the students will be subject to school discipline as well. Students who are removed from the dance will not be given refunds.