Boy Scouts of America provides a program for young people that builds character, trains in responsibilities of participating citizenship, and develops personal fitness. The next few months will be very hectic (and a ton of fun) for your boys as they get to know several Boy Scout troops and attend many activities.
What is Troop 33?
What is the recruitment process?
- We recruit approximately 24 new scouts each year. We have learned over the years that 24 is optimal size for us to run an effective First Year Program although we consider adding more scouts when there is interest.
- We will accept Scouts on a first come first serve basis. Your spot is reserved once we have received all items on the checklist below.
- You may wish to review the forms earlier but our order of application is based on timestamps of completed online forms and email of the scanned paper documents after the application start date.
- Prior to recruiting we stress to the boys and parents the importance of engaging and volunteering after joining Troop 33.
What is the First Year Program?
- We have a great first year program focusing on the Trail to First Class that runs from March-to-March.
- Scouts have the opportunity to be guided and advance through Tenderfoot, Second Class, to First Class ranks.
- We have scoutmasters dedicated to this program along with youth leadership (Troop Guides) to teach and test.
- This multi-layered program offers the chance for new scouts to learn from older scouts who are learning leadership at the same time.
- First year scouts meet separately from the main troop for skills training and testing and also meet with the main troop.
- We have dedicated first year activities and first year scouts join the main troop on most outings and activities.
- October 13 - Our Webelo Open House
- October 14 - The date we begin accepting applications
- February 23rd - First Year Parents Meeting
- March 1 - New First Year Scouts Start
NOTE: We welcome Webelos to sit in on any of our Tuesday meetings. Impromptu visits are also great if you don’t get a chance to meet the troop at any of the other opportunities listed above. If you do plan to attend, please give a heads-up to Julie Crane
| Current Status|| How to Apply|
| Current Webelos|| Click here.|
| New to Scouting|| Click here.|
| Member of another Boy Scout Troop or unit (not Troop 33)|| Please contact the Scoutmaster, Chris Webb.|
| Current Troop 33 Member|| Please wait for an email from the Troop33 Registrar, Deepak Jain, with instructions.|