Location: AL - Huntsville
Clearance Requirement: SECRET
Individual will be part of a Government, Prime and Support Contractor team that provides secretarial and ‘front office’ administrative support to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA). The primary duty locations are:
- Huntsville, AL
- Washington DC
- Colorado Springs CO
Some work will also be performed in:
- Albuquerque, NM
- Los Angeles, CA, and
Some periodic travel may be required from any of the locations. The individual is expected to learn the MDA system from hands on experience as well as formal training and be able to work directly with a wide variety of members of the Agency.
As an entry level position which is a part of team, individual must be capable of quickly assimilating, learning, and producing in the following broad tasks:
Provide administrative, organizational, and operational expertise to effectively and efficiently support the Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA) Chief of Staff’s Executive Administrative organization;
Provide sufficient expertise to MDA executives, deputies, program directors/managers, and their organizations across all geographic locations;
Provide effective implementation of existing administrative and organizational policies and procedures in the areas of executive and organizational administration and corporate governance.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provide executive level administrative support (assistants/secretaries/ receptionists) for executives and managers throughout the Agency and their organizational staff.
- Provide office administrative support to include screening telephone calls, assisting visitors and callers to the appropriate individual or office, including executing conference room and video conference requests, and providing accurate and timely messages. Manage long- and short-term calendar, including leave, travel, and meeting request coordination with appropriate individual or office.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel, including execution of electronic travel order requests and preparing travel briefings.
- Review and distribute incoming written material requiring Principal coordination, including quality control of written material, management of official record files, and preparation of non-technical correspondence.
- Provide receptionist support to the MDA Command Suite, including telephone support, visitor control and escort, limited administrative support and other office support as required.
*This opportunity is contingent upon contract award.
- Bachelor Degree Desired (Business Administration, Communications, Related Liberal Arts curriculum)
- Possess 0 to 5 years work experience
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work within a multi-contractor/multi-customer team in a fast-paced onsite environment, and be able to work with both government and contractor staff to perform tasks in a timely manner.
- Able to quickly learn assigned tasks.
- Able to utilize and coordinate the expertise of others within the team to prepare responses and reports.
- Possess good attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possess strong Interpersonal and interface skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills.
- The candidate must have or be able to acquire a Secret clearance.
- Demonstrated experience developing products using Microsoft Office to include Power Point, Word, and Excel.
- Military Experience
- Intern/Co-Op Experience, especially in the area of missile defense
- Hold a current Secret Clearance