- Continue to take challenging courses, consider taking AP exams and/or concurrent credit.
- Take the PSAT. In late spring/summer. Take the ACT, check on the TIR (Test Information Release) if offered, for a bit of extra money you will receive the answers in the mail, a great study tool. Take the SAT.
- Seek leadership positions.
- Maintain activities.
- Begin visiting colleges, going to college fairs and visiting with college representatives.
- Complete the College Funding Worksheet, narrow your college choices to five or less.
- Create an essay file.
- Update your resume.
- Get a job and save!
*Checklist created by Christine Steinkuehler, Topeka West Gifted Facilitator