- To provide basic knowledge on Home Management practices, Food Science and Nutrition, Human Development, Textiles and Clothing and Extension Education.
- To promote overall personality development and to provide self confidence to the students.
- To develop new technologies at minimum cost in all the disciplines of Home Science and to improve the existing technologies.
- Effective transfer of technologies to the rural communities by appropriate communication methods.
- To bring women empowerment thereby raising the standard of living of the family.