ACTIVITIES OF THE COLLEGE
The three fold Teaching, Research and Outreach activities.mandate of the college is formed towards Teaching, Research and Outreach activities with aim to improving standard of living of the family, society and nations.
The College offers the following educational programmes
- B.Sc (Food Science and Nutrition)- Professional course of four year duration
- M.Sc (Food Science and Nutrition)- two years duration, in which one year course work and one year research are undertaken.
- Ph.D (Food Science and Nutrition) – Three years duration in which student has to undergo one year course work and two years research work
- Through the Directorate of Open and Distance Learning, TNAU, Coimbatore the following Certificate courses are being offered by the Faculty.
- Food Processing techniques
- Biscuit and Bread making
- An exclusive course for farmer viz., B.F. Tech. is being offered.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Food Technology
II. Outreach Activities
Skill based training in the following fields are given to farmers, entrepreneurs, self help groups and unemployed youth to promote entrepreneurship skills and thereby improve their means for livelihood security.
- Processing technologies for value addition of cereals, pulses, vegetables, fruits, dairy and animal foods
- Health and Nutrition
- Apparel designing
- Business Incubator is extended to budding entrepreneurs on hire basis