Research in collaboration with national and international institutes is being carried out leading to development of various machinery, equipment and technologies to cater to the needs of farmers.
These research programmes are funded by different agencies.
· Government of Tamil Nadu
· Tamil Nadu Energy Development Agency
· Government of India
· Indian Council of Agricultural Research
· Ministry of Food Processing Industries
· Ministry of Non-conventional Energy Sources
· National Committee for Plasticulture application in Horticulture
· Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
· National Agricultural Technology Project
· Foreign agencies
· Canadian International Development Agency
· Swedish International Development Agency
· Private agencies
· MS Swaminathan Research Foundation
· EID Parry (India)
So far, 148 gadgets and technologies have been developed.