- How to set your goals
- How to write your resume, take an interview, or land a job
- How to manage your life on your own
- How to manage money
- How to speak effectively
- How to work cooperatively in teams (college prep)
- How to travel smart & effectively
- Starting your own business, and more!
Upon completion of the Academy, each participant will take away the following: Certificate of Completion, Written Goals, Letter of Recommendation, Résumé, Bank Account, upon parent approval, Professional photo, Mentor, and Peer to peer friendships.
Leadership Academy 2020
July 7 - 10, 2020
The Youth Center, 10909 Oak St, Los Alamitos CA 90720 | 1:00pm – 5:30pm | Fee: $299.00
These eye-opening topics taught me how crucial it is to have everything in order. I think these facts truly opened my eyes to how important it is to enter into adulthood being prepared.” – Garret Crosbie, Leadership Academy Graduate
(This program is designed for students ages 16-19)
To provide high school students and graduates with specialized training on how to handle real-world challenges outside of high school. The Youth Center Leadership Academy will partner with local businesses, educators and residents to provide training on everything from goal setting, banking, resume building and interviewing, an introduction to cooking, and basic car maintenance. Opportunities for mentors and local internships will be available to all.
- The Youth Center will select 30 youth candidates from 16-19 years old.
- Local business professionals and organizations, and educators will be instructing each segment.
- Each participant will have access to a mentor for ongoing guidance after the Academy.
- The Youth Center will work with local business to offer participants internships to gain workplace experience and job skills.