SOS Event Info‎ > ‎

Meeting Notes from Monday, November 23, 2009

posted Nov 24, 2009, 8:12 PM by Unknown user
The meeting started at 4:08 p.m.  Shelly, Pam, and Darlene were present.
  
Updates on activities:
  
  •         Community Talent Show and Alumni Choral Concert:  Sarah Quilling and Jay Roberts are in the midst of coordinating the choral concert.  No word yet on how the talent show will run.  Sarah, could you give us an update? 

 

  •         A soup and bread luncheon:  Twila Webb has started to get pie donors.  Shelly Clark has received pledges for 9 pots of soup (15 minimum needed) and 17 loaves-dozen of bread/rolls (30 needed)  Shelly Clark will send another e-mail out to garner more soup and bread donations.  Sue Pluid is ordering the supplies needed for the luncheon.

 

  •         Sunburst Foundation (Keri Goodwin)  Split the Pot is still on.

 

  •         A raffle of a Gibson Les Paul model electric guitar:  Kevin and Darlene Ruble have the raffle up and running.  Tickets may be obtained at any of the Eureka financial institutions or at the HS office.  Sally Steward got us a spot at the Holly Faire for Tri-M students to sell raffle tickets on December 5.    Darlene Ruble will get a schedule made up for the Holly Faire and Shelly Clark will sign student workers up to sell raffle tickets there.  Pam Truman offered to supervise during some part of the Holly Faire. 

 

  •         Silent Auction:  Loree Campbell, Sally Steward, and Pam Truman are the contacts.  No report was given at the meeting.  Could someone give us an update?

 

  •          Kevin Ruble worked with Randy Wilson on a feature article in the Interbel newsletter.    It is complete and will be in the next phone bill.

 

  •          Sally Steward has appointed an art student who will design a SOS funding thermometer that we can display prominently somewhere in the community.  No report on its progress.  Sally?

 

  •          Shelly Clark will check with Barb Dierman on setting up cash boxes for the split the pot, soup luncheon, silent auction, and Gibson raffle for December 20.  Joel, will you be available to give access to the safe after the event is over?

 

  •          Shelly Clark meet with student leaders on November 17.  Approximately 30 students volunteers signed up to help in any capacity the committee needs for this event and activities leading up to it.  

 

Next SOS meeting….Monday, December 7 @ 4:00 p.m.

Good things are happening!  See you in two weeks!
Comments