Wind Ensemble Auditions
2020-2021 Wind Ensemble Audition Information
Wind Ensemble Auditions will be done via Google Classroom this year. A separate class has been set up for the auditions with the following code: 6z4a76i
Please post your audition videos in the classroom by May 1.
1. Prepared Etude:
- The 2019-2020 All-State audition etude(s). Only prepare what is marked inside the brackets. If you have questions, please contact Mr. Dudzinski.
- The scales should be the HS All-State Band Scales listed in the etude packet.
- *8th grade students auditioning should play all of their benchmark scales.
3. Sight-Reading: (if we are back in school, we will do this part live)
- Sight Reading will be selected from Sight Reading Factory Level 4
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
- Do your best. You may not be able to play everything at the recommended tempos, but still learn the pieces.
- Mr. Dudzinski wants to see what you can do with music of this difficulty. Even if you cannot play everything, he can get a sense of how hard you are willing to work and what you are capable of doing.
- Ask for help if you need it. Ask your band teacher, private lesson teacher or someone who has auditioned for All-State. You can even send Mr. Dudzinski a video of sections for which you would like feedback!