Walled Lake Schools now have access to thousands of online books available for middle and high school students to check out and download to various devices. To access and check out books:
- If you are going to read on a device, you will need to visit the App Store for your iPad, kindle, tablet, Chromebook, etc. to download the Overdrive/Sora app.
- Go to our Walled Lake Digital Library OR go to www.soraapp.com
- You will be asked to connect to your school (Or you can enter our district code walledlakemi)
- You will use your school username (without the @students.wlcsd.org) and password to log in.
- In the search window, type the name of the book you are interested in reading
- Enjoy checking out books! You can even connect your public library account too!
Adding Your Public Library
You can use Sora to browse your library and borrow books with your library card.
Note: Only juvenile and young adult library books are available in Sora.
To add your library:
- Tap Add a public library.
- Use the search box to find your library, then tap This is my library. The library will open in the Explore tab.
To switch between libraries, tap a library from the menu or from the drop-down at the top of the Explore tab.
How to download a book
If you're using Sora for Android or iOS, books automatically download to the app so you can read or listen offline.
Note: You can't download books if you're using Sora in your browser.
Downloaded books have a icon on your Shelf.
If a book didn't download automatically, you can download it with these steps:
- Go to Shelf > Loans.
- Tap the cloud icon