"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Welcome back to school ! Grades K-5 will spend 1/2 hour per week exploring and making music with Ms. Jenkins. All music classes will meet in Rm. 22 .
Here are some ways you can enrich our community with music. Can you think of some more?
*Join the TCPS chorus - open to Gr. 1 - 5.
*Bring a song , dance , instrument or music-related item , or fact, to share or teach in music class !
*Prepare a musical performance for your classmates !
*Prepare a musical performance for the Spring Show !
See you in Music :-)
The TCPS music curriculum is in accordance with the National Standards for Music Education.
The National Standards for Music Education:
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.