Serving as your child’s class parent is a great way to get to know your teacher, stay in touch with what’s happening in the classroom and become an instant part of our active school community.
The key role for a class parent is to communicate with other parents through face to face conversations, telephone calls, written notes or emails.
Class parents need to:
● Serve as a liaison with teachers. Check in with your teachers on a regular basis to see if they need help; finding reading buddies, locating chaperones for class trips, gathering resources or supplies related to unit themes etc.
● Keep your fellow parents informed about school wide meetings and events. Your Class Parent Coordinator will contact you with event details.
School Wide Events and Fundraisers
TCSCO calls upon class parents to rally their parents to attend and support school-wide events. For example:
● Gathering supplies, collecting small donations, donating gifts or making gift baskets for fundraisers.
● Usually, we have a committee for each event but we often need additional help running things: help with set up, staff and clean up at the end of events.
● Stay informed about our fundraisers and encourage participation.
● Come up with new and exciting ideas for future fundraisers.
Grade Level Trips
At the end of each year, the classes from each grade level (Ks, 1-2s, 3-4s, 5-6s, 7-8s) take a special trip. For example:
● Ks go on a day trip to Coney Island Beach and the NY Aquarium.
● The 7-8s have gone on 3-day, 2 night overnights to Philadelphia, Boston or Montreal.
Class parents are encouraged to work with the teacher to get parent support for trips.
Photographs and Publications
A Yearbook Committee will be working each year to create a wonderful yearbook. You may be asked to submit event photos for submission to the yearbook.
THANKS FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION!
Parent Info >