|Note: Recommend to backup Outlook data before doing the following steps.
In Outlook, click on the File Menu, select Import/Export, then select Export the data to a file (.pst format). A set of dialog boxes will outline the process. Backup all the data by selecting the main folder and then check the box for including subfolders.
Step One: Enable Gmail IMAP
- Check to see if your Gmail account is setup with IMAP enabled.
- In the upper right-hand corner of your Gmail account, click on the Settings link.
- Then click on the tab called, "Forwarding and POP/IMAP"
- Under IMAP Access, check to see if IMAP is enabled, if not click on "Enable IMAP"
- Click the "Save Changes" button to activate.
- Step One: Enable Gmail IMAP
Step Two: Set up IMAP Access in Outlook (for Outlook 2007)
- Open up your Outlook email account.
- Create a new Outlook Account. Set the Views in the new Outlook Account to show Folder View.
- Copy your existing Outlook personal folders into your Gmail account.
- Depending on the amount of personal folders and stored emails, this process may take up to a half an hour.
- When complete, your personal folders should be in your Gmail account.
- Close Outlook and Gmail. Reopen Gmail to view personal folders.