1. Acquire your Google Sync Code from the MyTC Portal. Remember that if you reset this code, it will break any synchronization you have previously setup and you will need to use the new code with all of your devices.
2. Open Apple Mail and choose Preferences from the Mail menu on the Menu Bar.
3. Click the tab for Accounts in the Preferences window. At the bottom left of the Accounts tab, click the “+” symbol to add a new account.
4. In the “Add Account” window, enter your name in the “Full Name” field, your TC Apps Gmail Address in the “Email Address” field, and your Google Sync Code in the “Password” field. Click “Continue” to move on to the next screen.
5. In the “Incoming Mail Server” window, choose “IMAP” as the “Account Type” and enter a meaningful name for the account in the “Description” field. The “Incoming Mail Server” is “imap.gmail.com”. Your “User Name” is your full email address (UNI1234@tc.columbia.edu). Be sure to enter your full email address in this field, not just your UNI. Your “Password” is your Google Sync Code. Once you have entered this information properly, click “Continue”.
6. In the “Outgoing Mail Server” window, enter a meaningful name for the server in the “Description” field. The “Outgoing Mail Server” is “smtp.gmail.com”. Check the “Use only this server” box and the “Use Authentication” box. The “User Name” is once again your full email address and your password is again the Google Sync Code. Click “Continue” to move on to the final setup screen.
7. In the “Account Summary” screen, ensure the “Take account online” box is checked, and click “Create”. You have successfully setup your TC Apps Gmail to work with your Apple Mail client. It will take several minutes for your inbox to populate, so please be patient.