Tips for Smart Passwords
1. Make your password long and complex. A minimum of 8 characters, mixing: - uppercase letters
- lowercase letters
- special characters (%#*!&^, etc.)
2. Don't use the same password for everything. Cybercriminals steal passwords from sites that
have very little security, and then they use that same password and username in more secure
environments, such as online banking.
3. Change your passwords often. Set automatic reminders for yourself to change all of your passwords about once every three months.
4. Consider using a phrase or a song title as a password. For example, "Every cloud has a silver lining" could be made into: eCha8Lin9; (8 and 9 are used here as substitutes for "s" and "g".) 5. NEVER share your password with anyone.
Check your password safety here: http://www.passwordmeter.com/