In Alfresco you can create a space to store and organize content and other spaces.
1. Navigate to the space where you want to create the new space, for example My Home.
2. In the Create menu, click Create Space.
3. On the Create Space page, type the relevant information in the Name, Title, and Description boxes. Optionally, select an icon to represent the type of content that you intend to put in the space.
4. Click on Create Space on your right:
5. To add content, enter into the space by clicking on its name.
6. Then click the Add Content link
7. Click Choose File to upload your file.
8. Keep all the options as defaults and click OK.