Setup InstructionsNote the actual number of points may change, as we are stilling deciphering how to fairly build the number of points per assignment / task this year.
Add your name
- Log in to TAS gapps.
- Navigate to 'documents'.
- Open your class folder > reading logs
- Open file called P - Q1 - Reading Log
This is a 'living' document. This means that you all have editing rights to it. Please ensure that you only edit the contents on your tab. Always check that you are on YOUR tab before making any edits!
- Listen for your number - this will be based on the alphabetical order of your last names.
- Go to the tab with the same number.
- Click the drop down arrow on the tab.
- Rename it with your first name and first initial of your last name.
Reading Log Guide
- Minimum of 100 minutes per week!
- Keep your reading log up to date.
- Try to read for a minimum of 20 minutes at a time.
- Only make an entry in your reading log for reading times of 20 minutes or more.
- This quarter genres:
- short stories, fantasy, biography, non- fiction - simply type the genre name into the search box in Destiny Quest and voila you have a list of books in this genre!
- You are required to read at least one from each of these genres. You can find these genres in the MS library or class library.
- You should be aiming for books around the 800 - 1050 level.
- Find the lexile level either in the Destiny Quest library catalog or in the lexile website. If you have looked and can not find the lexile level do not panic, just write n/a. IF we look and find it....uh oh!
Adding Your Minutes
Add up your minutes each week so that you can see a weekly total.
At the conclusion of each week highlight all of the minutes for that week and click the functions button > select sum. Miss a row and begin your next weeks entries.
This log is graded. You will receive points for:
- Consistently completing all parts of the required reading log each week (10 points),
- Consistently uses correct grammar and conventions (10 Points),
- Reading at least one book from each of the required genres (10 Points),
- Maintaining required reading minutes per week (20 Points)