About Us

St Vincent’s Catholic Primary School is a Catholic systemic co-educational school located in Ashfield. It is in the Ashfield Catholic Parish in the Inner West Region of the Archdiocese of Sydney.

The school was founded in 1881 by the Sisters of Charity as St Charles’ Primary School, however, in 1894 it was changed to St Vincent’s Catholic Primary School as the parish was placed in the care of the Vincentian Fathers, and was then administered by the Sisters of Charity. This occurred after the original school buildings were destroyed and a new school building was erected. This building now serves as the school and parish hall.

The buildings that accommodate fourteen classrooms were upgraded in a refurbishment and building program and were officially opened in 2003. Some of these facilities were again upgraded from funds provided by the Federal Government’s Building the Education Revolution (BER) in 2010.