St Therese Catholic Primary School is a parish primary school, which is an integral part of the local Catholic community.
Whilst Religious Education, literacy and numeracy are the core purpose of our school, significant achievements have been made in other Key Learning Areas. Our school’s extra curricula program and lunchtime clubs include many areas of student interest.
1885 Mascot Parish is established under the name of Botany.
1940 A new school and church are opened on the present site. The Parish name is changed to Mascot under the patronage of Saint Therese of Lisieux.
1954 Major extensions to the original small school are undertaken.
1979 Further extensions to the school accommodate three streams.
1981 The school is staffed and administered by lay teachers.
1984 'The Bottleyard,' Harris Street is purchased to provide additional playground space.
2008 Major refurbishment of the school administration block, Year 1 and Year 2 classrooms and library occurs.
2010 Stage 2 of the building project was completed, including 12 new classrooms, a multipurpose room, outdoor learning spaces, landscaping and amphitheatre.
2011 The new parish hall is completed as part of the Building the Education Revolution (BER) funding.