Our School

St Therese’s school began in 1926 when the church-school of St Therese’s was opened at Lakemba. It was the first building in the Archdiocese to be dedicated to St Therese of Lisieux, the young French nun who was canonised in 1925. The Josephite Sisters led the school until the appointment of the first lay Principal in 1995.

The school is proud of its safe, happy and welcoming learning environment. A building project in 2011 enabled the refurbishment of the Kindergarten classrooms into a state-of-the-art Early Learning Centre, and also the construction of a multi-purpose hall.

St Therese’s has a current enrolment of 198, which presently consists of one   class group for each year, Kindergarten, 1, 2, 3,  4, 5 and 6.

The staff at St Therese’s are highly committed and very professional.