About Us

St Margaret Mary’s Catholic Primary School is a systemic school located in Randwick North. It was established in 1956 as a K–2 infants school. Staffing the school were the Brigidine Sisters, who travelled each day from their convent in Randwick. The school grew to be a K–6 school in the 1960s as the population of young families in the surrounding area grew.

In recent times the Parish of St Margaret Mary has been twinned with that of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart, Randwick. Our Parish Priest, Fr Peter Hearn, msc, shares responsibility for both parishes and the associated schools. He is very supportive of our students, parents and teachers.

We are a single-stream co-educational school from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our students come from a wide range of cultural backgrounds. We encourage and value parent involvement in all aspects of school life and promote partnership between home and school to ensure that students feel safe, supported and secure in their school setting.