About Us

At St John Bosco Primary School began in 1959 by four Salesian Sisters in temporary accommodation with 83 children on what is now "Woolworths site".

Moved to its current location in Banksia Avenue in 1962, the school was staffed by the Salesian Sisters until 1967. Enrolments increased dramatically over the years reaching a peak of 928 in 1991.

Our school is four stream, co-educational from Kindergarten to Year 6. The current enrolment stands at around 830 and projections indicate that number will be maintained over the foreseeable future.

There has been a real element of stability in the leadership of the school since 1959. Each of the seven lay Principals has formed strong links with the staff and parent community. In 1999 the Salesian Sisters relinquished the leadership of the school, but continue a vital presence nevertheless.

Over the years Engadine has retained its community aspect. Many of the young people who have grown up here have now married and settled in the area and we have a significant number of second-generation students in the school. This has undoubtedly helped build a strong sense of community.

Our School

At St John Bosco, we focus on the promotion of the school’s core values of Presence, Respect and Responsibility. The school maintains an active relationship with our partner school St John Bosco College, in order to promote a vision for K-12 Catholic education in the community.