About Us‎ > ‎

Our School

Our school began in 1911 with twelve students. Classes were conducted in the convent of the Sisters of St Joseph. The Church school building opened in 1912 with an enrolment of 72 pupils. The second storey was added in 1937. This block was refurbished in 1988 and a new class block was completed in 1992. The Sisters of St Joseph conducted the school up until 1983, when another major change occurred when the Sisters of St Joseph, after 72 years, handed over the administration of the school to the CEO.

Since then, a variety of lay principals have led the school community. Currently, Mr Kevin Bryson is the Principal.

The school recently underwent a large refurbishment of the main building; including four classrooms, the library, the administration area and staff amenities as part of the BER funding. In 2011, the school celebrated its centenary, recognising the importance of education in faith over the past 100 years. 

Each staff member of St Francis Xavier's is committed to facilitating respectful relationship with all students. We pride ourselves on the fact that our students are confident, articulate students with a love of learning. We are highly committed to ongoing professional development and collaboration to ensure we remain a school of the highest standard of contemporary teaching and learning. 

We value the involvement of parents in education and welcome parent participation in a variety of ways within the school. We have an active and supportive Parent Group which meets regularly to fund raise and organise special events for the children. In addition to this the School Advisory Council meets each term and provides valuable advice to the Principal and executive team in making St Francis Xavier's the wonderful learning community it is.

Comments