Our School

St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School, Marsfield is a K- 6 systemic school located in the Archdiocese of Sydney. It shares the mission of the parish and Church to proclaim and give witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the world.

Our school was founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1934, when the present parish hall served church and school. In 1939 the Daughters of Charity arrived to lead the school with an increased enrolment of 40 students. During the war years 1939-1945 the student population reached 85 as Italian migrants came to the area. The first school building was erected in 1950 and consisted of two classrooms. Two more rooms were added in 1953 with a second building being erected in 1960 followed by a third building in 1977. In 1984 the school celebrated its Golden Jubilee.

In 1986 the Daughters of Charity departed and the first lay Principal was appointed. During 2006, a major building project was completed. A new library, administration block, student amenities block and storerooms were built. All classrooms were extensively refurbished. The new and refurbished school facilities were blessed and opened in September 2007. In 2010-11 a multipurpose hall and additional classroom were built as part of the Federal government's 'Building the Education Revolution' initiative.

With the rapid development in the Macquarie Park Park precinct, St Anthony's School has been identified for a growth project to accommodate increasing demand for enrolment places.