Enrolment forms are prepared for distribution during Catholic Schools Week. Please contact the school for an Enrolment form.
The official Enrolment Period begins in Catholic Schools Week and continues until the end of May. St Mary-St Joseph holds an Open Day for prospective enrolments during Catholic Schools Week.
Children from all families who are prepared to support Catholic ideals and principles are eligible for enrolment in a Catholic school.
Priority for enrolment is given in the following order:
- Children of Catholic families who are actively involved in the parish on which the school depends.
- Children of Catholic families residing in other parishes in which they are actively involved.
- Children of families affiliated to Churches in communion with the Roman Catholic, such as the Maronite Church.
- Children of Catholic families residing within the parish/parishes on which the school depends.
- Children of Catholic families residing in other parishes.
- Children of Orthodox or other Christian families.
- Children of families of other religious convictions.
To proceed to the formal stage of enrolment, please complete the Enrolment Form and return it to the school office. A suitable interview time will be negotiated. We ask that both Parents/Carers and your child be present for the interview. A non-refundable application fee of $50.00 is paid at lodgement of application.
When returning the Enrolment Form the following original documents will also need to be presented and sighted. The child’s Birth and Baptism Certificates along with a current Immunisation Certificate and a proof of address document (e.g Electricity bill). If you or your child were born overseas, your passport/visa/Australian Citizenship will need to be presented to the office. A copy of these will be made and originals returned to you.
* A confirmation of enrolment letter will be sent out to families mid June. A $50 enrolment fee is to be paid upon receipt of the acceptance letter being returned to the school office *If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the school office on (02) 9314 0195.
Orientation morning for the prospective Kindergarten students is usually held in late October of each year. It is important that your child attends the Kindergarten orientation.
An INFORMATION EVENING for Parents of prospective Kindergarten students is usually held in late October of each year. It is important for all parents to attend this information evening. It is also important that both parents, Mum and Dad attend this Information Evening.